Home decorating is important whether you live in a small urban loft, a house in the suburbs, or a cottage on the lake. Your design style can create a lasting impression on those who visit. It sets the mood and should reflect your personal taste. So here are some helpful décor tips for you to use in your home.
“You don’t have to spend a lot of time or money to get a new look for your home. Stop in to our Retail Store or hire one of our Designers to help reimagine your home!”
Home Decorating Tips:
- Paint just one wall. This will really change the focal point of the room without getting into a major redecorating project. If your room has a niche, it is the perfect area for extra color. You can choose a bold, contrasting color picked from a fabric, or a subtle darker tone to add visual interest or a splash of color!
- Throw a few pillows around. Nothing adds color like strategically placed throw pillows. If your furniture is primarily solid colors, accent it with stripes or patterns, and vice versa. This is just one of many home decorating ideas that not only adds a bright splash of color, but also adds comfort to your seating arrangements
- Add plants: If you don’t have a green thumb, ask your nursery or home center to recommend ones that require little or no care. If you’re away from home a lot, settle for some of the wonderful artificial ones. You can find great looking foliage, and flowers that only need to be dusted.
- Put some color on the floor. A colorful throw rug placed in front of a chair or under a coffee table can add color and texture to a living room (or any room). It can be put on top of any type of flooring, including carpet. If it is on a smooth surface, make certain to have a no skid backing. Choose a contrast color (from fabric you’re using in the room), or look for one with an interesting pattern that ties into the theme of your room.
- Add interesting art work. A colorful piece of art placed in a room not only adds a decorative touch, but also introduces colors and shapes. Try framing simple photos with colorful mats and bright frames.
- A throw adds both warmth and color. A handmade quilt, nubby woven throw, or a cozy colorful blanket adds interest when draped over the back or arm of a neutral sofa or chair. Choose a color that accents other pieces in the room, as well.
- Reflect color. This is one of the home decorating ideas that appeals to many. Place a large mirror on a bare or boring wall. Buy an interesting frame or just decorate a mirror with trim. The mirror will reflect the color from around the room and add light to the space.
To view more blogs from Webster Interiors, Click Here.