Most people don’t give enough thought to decorating the guest room in their home. However, if you like your guests to stay over, here are some simple home decorating ideas specifically for the guest room. Your budget may not allow you to provide all the amenities of a five star hotel, but there are certain things you can do to make your guests comfortable.
8 Tips for Decorating the Guest Room
- Buy the best bed your money can buy. Don’t give them the oldest, most saggy mattress you have. If you can’t afford a new bed, think about getting a quality mattress. They’re quite comfortable and can be placed on top of a box spring, over a sofa bed mattress, or on the floor.
- Clean bedding is a must. Just make sure you have nicely laundered, clean bedding.
- A place to put a suitcase. Clear a space to put a luggage rack or a small table or bench to set down a suitcase. Even a chair is better then nothing.
- Keep it uncluttered. Get rid of anything that you would not find in the room of a fine hotel. Keep only the most useful items in the room, like a clock and calendar. A good reading lamp would be a plus.
- Hanger and drawer space. If your guest room shares with a home office, clear at least a foot or two of pole space in the closet. Or purchase an in-expensive over the door hook that can accommodate some hanging clothes and clear out one or two drawers for small items. Both you and your guest will feel better with odds and ends out of sight
- If you frequently have guests, consider buying a small dorm sized refrigerator to keep water and other beverages at hand.
- If it’s time to update your window treatments, adding a ‘blackout’ liner to your blinds or shades will help your guest sleep in, which is what most people desire on vacation.
- Consider adding a small vase of fresh flowers on a nightstand. Or even any other items that give the room a pleasant atmosphere and accent the room well.
To read more blogs from Webster Interiors, Click Here.